The fruits of the holy spirit are very different from the gifts of the holy spirit. These fruits are twelve in number and they include;
- Joy – a feeling of great pleasure and happiness and rejoice.
- Peace – Peace is the concept of harmonious well-being and freedom from hostile aggression.
- Patience – It is the ability to endure difficult circumstances such as perseverance in the face of delay; tolerance of provocation without responding in annoyance/anger; or forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties.
- Kindness – It is a behavior marked by ethical characteristics, a pleasant disposition, and concern and consideration for others.
- Goodness – Avoidance of evil and embrace of whats right.
- Gentleness – the quality of being kind, tender, or mild-mannered.
- Long suffering – showing patience in spite of troubles, especially those caused by other people.
- Faith – confidence or trust in a particular system of religious belief.
- Modesty – is a mode of dress and deportment which intends to avoid the encouraging of sexual attraction in others.
- Self control – is the ability to regulate one’s emotions, thoughts, and behavior in the face of temptations and impulses.
- Chastity – is a virtue related to temperance, one of the seven virtues and it is defined as refraining from deviant sexual conduct.
- Love – a variety of strong and positive emotional and mental states, ranging from the most sublime virtue or good habit, the deepest interpersonal affection and to the simplest pleasure.
Prayer For The Fruits Of the Holy Spirit
Please increase my capacities in all of the Fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Thank you for the strides I am making in [name one you in which you exhibit strength].
In this season of my life I am particularly in need of [name one in which you are weak]. Would you please give me more of your Spirit to fill me to overflowing with this grace and virtue?
I need you. Give me a strategy to grow in this fruit. My first step is self-awareness. Thank you for opening up my eyes to my own weakness. My second step is awareness of your love and power and kindness toward me. I receive your help today.
In Jesus’ Name